Title: Regulation Framework Consultant
Supervisor: Director for Education and Impact
Contractual Arrangement: Consultant
Estimated Time/Fee: 16-20 days / Max. 5,4000 EURO
Deadline to Apply: Rolling bases until the position is filled
JA (www.jaeurope.org) is Europe’s largest provider of entrepreneurship education programmes, reaching 4 million students in 40 countries last academic year. Funded by businesses, institutions, foundations and individuals, JA Europe brings the public and private sectors together to provide young people in primary and secondary schools and early university with experiences that promote the skills, understanding and perspective that they will need to succeed in a global economy.
About the Project
The project aims to strengthen the participation of grassroots CSOs and youth initiatives in regional network and ensure sustainability of young entrepreneurs (student/youth) companies through demonstration and training/mentoring activities. The efforts will go towards improving the policy environment and supporting human and institutional capacity/workforce development initiatives that respond to the needs of the CSO’s and local/grassroots beneficiaries.
- Contribute to youth entrepreneurship opportunities and strengthen employment perspectives of youth in the Western Balkans;
- Strengthen regional entrepreneurship education network and its capacity to participate in reform process;
- Support growth of innovative youth entrepreneurship initiatives including from rural and remote areas, and their transformation into sustainable youth SMEs;
- Foster youth employment and entrepreneurship opportunities through advocating for legal environment prone to student and youth companies’ sustainable development
Partners: JA Serbia (coordinator), Western Balkans Institute (Serbia), Junior Achievement of Albania, JA Turkey, Social Innovation Incubator MUNJA (B&H), National Youth Council of Macedonia, Student Business Center (Montenegro), JA Europe.
Scope of Work
JA Europe seeks for a consultant to develop a regional regulation framework to support the implementation of youth/student company in 6 countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey). The exercise will also entitle working closely with six national experts to adapt the regional framework into local versions that will amend the current legal educational framework in these countries. This process will ultimately enable student company (currently implemented on ad hoc bases as a simulation of business operations, and model of entrepreneurship education) to be a recognised as a new legal form into relevant legislative frameworks across the region to foster entrance of new youth entrepreneurs on the market.
- Comparative analysis of different legal frameworks under which student company operates in the region and other European countries
- Regional regulation framework
- Consultation with support to national expert for the development of national frameworks
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Relevant degree in public policy, law, or other relevant field
- 2-3 years of experience with policies in entrepreneurship education and/or labour market in different European countries
- Knowledge of legal considerations relevant to relevant policies
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in preparing policy briefs and presenting findings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative disposition comfortable working in an international setting with individuals from diverse backgrounds and working styles
- Fluency in English
The position is to be filled asap. Respondents must submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Application Policy Consultant – NAME SURNAME.” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by JA Europe ASBL for recruitment or contractual purposes” so that JA Europe has your written consent to follow up on your application. Only selected participants will be contacted.
Data protection statement
All of the information collected included in the email you will submit are necessary and relevant to the performance of the job/consultancy you applied for. Ja Europe will use the information provided by you in the email, by the referees you have noted, and the educational institutions with whom we may undertake to verify your qualifications with, for recruitment/contractual purposes only. JA Europe will treat all personal information with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection legislation. We rely on the lawful basis of Belgium to process the information provided by you by email. Should you be successful in your application/offer, the information provided, and further information which will be gathered at the relevant time, will be subsequently used for the administration of your employment/consulting contract and in relation to any legal challenge which may be made regarding our recruitment/procurement practices.